posterposted on 11.06.2018, 07:36 by Christi Niesing, Petra BesterPetra Bester
SOCIAL GREENHOUSE® EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
WHO WE ARE:
We render social innovation services through the Social Greenhouse®. We are a group of experienced and doctorate-qualified researchers from AUTHeR (Africa Unit for Transdisciplinary Health Research), a research entity of the Faculty of Health Sciences, North-West University. AUTHeR enables research-informed community-based projects across disciplinary boundaries offering realistic solutions to real-life challenges.
OUR CORE MESSAGE:
• Communities are complex, sensitive, yet robust.
• Strengthen community assets, don’t focus only on needs.
• Embrace the sustainable livelihood framework.
• Sustainability is not once-off but a process and measured over time.
• Single impact measurements can be misleading. • A holistic approach and participatory methodologies.
• A bottom-up and top-down approach, working with community forums.
The Social Greenhouse® presents social innovation services, listed as:
• Needs-solution matrix: we match appropriate products and services with appropriate communities.
• Participative designs: we conduct community-engaged product development.
• Implementation of innovations: we facilitate innovation implementation into communities.
• Adoption to innovations: we facilitate the process of user-adoption within communities.
• Sustainable impact: we manage sustainability indicators and measurements.
The Social Greenhouse® consult, refer, collaborate and align corporate social responsibility processes.
FULLY FUNCTIONAL SUPPORT OFFICE:
The Social Greenhouse® functions from a fully functional support office on the premises of the Potchefstroom Campus of the North-West University. We use cloud-based project management software, and provide essential support and continuous reporting on Social Greenhouse® activities.